[NLK] Visiting Scholar Program Application Notice
- Writer Yeongjo Yun
- Date 2023-02-17
- Views 174
Visiting Scholar Program
The National Library of Korea (NLK) visiting scholar program is designed to support overseas Korean Studies researchers who plan to pursue their research and writing in the heart of precious collections of the NLK.
- A private carrel up to 1 year (reserved)
- Extensive access to the collection of the NLK including books, periodicals, e-resources as well as old & rare books, and also ILL, DDA for unavailable items in the NLK
- Research reference services as follows: We can
∨ Recommend the best information sources and databases for your research topic
∨ Provide bibliographic data for your research
Details of eligibility and guidelines
- Expertise in Korean studies
- PhD candidate or higher
- Professional position or equivalent at academic institutions including universities, colleges, and research institutes except organizations in Korea
- Beneficiaries of fellowship program for overseas researcher of organizations in Korea
- Staying in Korea for at least 3 months for the purpose of research
- Basic Korean is preferred.
- You will be invited to the RINK (Research Information services, National Library of Korea), One day Lounge, a networking event for RINK researchers to present your research (about 20 min).
- Please use your carrel at least 4 times a month.
- It is self-funded program, and also we do not offer any official document for your visa processing.
you can download an application form at the NLK website and submit to email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
( https://nl.go.kr/EN>Services>Research Information Services)
The signed application including research proposal is needed for the review process.