- Questions How can I participate in Overseas Koreanology Librarians Workshop?
The National Library of Korea holds the Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop.
The workshop is for overseas librarians who have experiences in collection, organization and service provision of Korean materials or information, and for researchers in the Koreanology field.
The program includes lectures on Koreanology, and provides an opportunity to learn about reference source searching, and knowledge and skills required for library service.
Detailed information about the application process is available on our INKSLIB website (inkslib.nl.go.kr).
[Contact] International Cooperation & Public Relations Team, National Library of Korea
Tel (02)590-6325 / FAX (02)590-6329 / E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions Where are overseas libraries that I can access to full-text of NLK materials?
NLK 자료 전문에 접속할 수 있는 해외 도서관 목록 - Country, Library(Year), Cultural Service Center (Year) Country Library(Year) Cultural Service Center (Year) Germany Berlin State Library(2007) Mongolia National Library(2009) Ulaanbaatar University Library(2010) USA University of Southern California Library(2005) University of Chicago Library(2007) Stanford University Library(2009) Korean Culture Service NY(2009) UK Korean Culture Service UK(2008) japan Korean Culture Service Tokyo(2009) China Yanbian Library(2010) Poland Korean Culture Service Poland(2010) France L'ecole des Hautes Etudes en Science Sociales(2005) Canada University of Toronto Library(2008) Australia Monash University Library(2007)
- Questions How can I access to full-text of NLK held materials?
Among materials (full-text) digitized by the NLK, materials whose copyright has expired or permission has been granted are freely available. However, for copyrighted materials, you have to pay a flat-rate remuneration fee and access materials only at specific public libraries, university libraries and special libraries that signed agreement pursuant to the Copyright Law (Article 31. Reproduction, etc. in Libraries, etc.)
• Use of Free-of-charge Materials
- 150,000 items with permission to use or expired copyright - Available on website:
National Library of Korea(www.nl.go.kr)/ National Digital Library (www.dlibrary.go.kr)
• Use of Charged Materials through Agreement 협약을 통한 유료이용
- 300,000 copyrighted items - Available through the designated computers in the library that signed agreement with the Korea Reproduction and Transmission Rights Association (KORRA)- Remuneration (copyright fee) is required
DOWNLOAD Process of Agreement
• Digital Library Planning Division- E-MAIL: email@example.com
- Questions For materials not held in overseas institutions but held in Korea, can I obtain them as copies?
In that case, you can request an ILL operated by the National Library of Korea.
The National Library of Korea offers ILL and Copy & Delivery Service with overseas libraries and
information providers in order to share library information among nations.
How do I request an ILL?
[How to Use ILL]
How to Use ILL table - This table includes Available Materials, How?, Fees
• Periodical articles and monographs published in Korea that are not held by overseas institutions
Application for ILL and Copy and Delivery Service (DOWNLOAD)
• Fill out application and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Delivery time : approx. 1 month
※ photocopy is only permitted for part of materials
• Copying Charge = US$5.00 within 10 pages (US$4.00 for each additional 10 pages)
• Airmail Postage = US$3.00 (basic charges)
• ※ Only in US dollars or IFLA voucher (check is not accepted)
Collection Management & Service Division
National Library of Korea
- Questions I would like to know if materials I am looking for are held in Korea.
If you want to find out whether materials you are looking for are available in Korea, post a message on‘Ask a Librarian for Librarians’of the site. We will answer you back once checking the source of the material.