About the Workshop
· To foster overseas experts in Korean Studies information services by providing an opportunity for retraining including an introduction to the latest trends in Korean Studies materials and systematic processing, access, and service methods.
· To enhance mutual understanding and establish a network through mutual exchange among Korean Studies librarians, and to expand the basis for the Korean language and culture via Korean Studies.
· Korean Studies reference librarians at national, university and public libraries overseas
· Researchers and archivists at Korean Studies (or Asian Studies) research institutes and archives overseas
※ Individuals who are able to understand classes given in Korean or English
· Classes and presentations
- - Classes related to library services focusing on understanding Korean Studies materials, searching and using reference information sources, understanding the processing of materials, hands-on training, etc.
- - Classes related to Korean Studies including topics on Korean history and culture - Participants’ presentations
· Tours and cultural activities
- - Tours of libraries and relevant institutions
- - Cultural activities (Experiencing Korean culture)
Workshop for Overseas Librarians
· International Cooperation and Public Relations Team at the NLK